With the brew ready it’s time to bottle up. Final measurements were taken and according to the formula I quoted in my first post I’ve got a beer around 5.5%ABV. Not bad for a beginner.
Before I could syphon the beer into bottles they needed cleaning. I managed to borrow 40 bottles, caps etc from a friend but the bottles had been in the shed for a few years. Thankfully Rach stepped in and with some broken up denture cleaning tablets we let nature take its course and soon the bottles were sparkling again. Then they were sterlised and rinsed out. Lastly I added 1/2 tsp of sugar to each bottle before syphoning the beer from the fermenting bucket into each one and capping off.
I’m giving them another couple of weeks before the first tasting session and if all goes well they’ll be consumed in the run up to Christmas. Or, if luck isn’t on my side, they’ll all go down the drain!